WKRP in Cincinnati

Genre: Comedy

Director: Hugh Wilson

Cast: Gary Sandy,Howard Hesseman,Tim Reid,Loni Anderson,Frank Bonner,Gordon Jump,Richard Sanders,Jan Smithers

First aired:

Last air date:

Show status: Ended

Overview: When a Cincinnati radio station switches from sedate music to top-40 rock 'n' roll, its staff of oddball characters is forced to switch gears quickly. New programming director Andy Travis brings in a new DJ named Venus Flytrap to work with the station's burned-out veteran, Dr. Johnny Fever. Neurotic newsman Les Nessman, eager beaver Bailey Quarters, sleazy salesman Herb Tarlek, blonde bombshell Jennifer Marlowe, who serves as the station's ultra-capable receptionist, and station manager Arthur Carlson, whose domineering mother owns WKRP, round out the eccentric bunch.

Trailer Cast Crew Videos

• Gary Sandy

Andy Travis
    • Howard Hesseman

Dr. Johnny Fever
    • Tim Reid

Venus Flytrap
    • Loni Anderson

Jennifer Marlowe
    • Frank Bonner

Herb Tarlek
    • Gordon Jump

Arthur Carlson
    • Richard Sanders

Les Nessman
    • Jan Smithers

Bailey Quarters
    • Blake Hunter (Production)

• Steve Marshall (Production)

• Rod Daniel (Production)

• Max Tash (Production)

• Peter Torokvei (Production)

• Steven Kampmann (Production)

• Grant Tinker (Production)

• Hugh Wilson (Production)

• Dan Guntzelman (Production)

• Steve Carlisle - "WKRP in Cincinnati" Full Version

• Featurette
Show information in first post provided by The Movie Database
WKRP was one of my favorite shows to watch in syndication reruns in the 80's. Till this day if I screw up really, really big my response is always the same.... "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!" 🚁🦃

Oh, and 'Team Bailey'. ;)

WKRP was one of my favorite shows to watch in syndication reruns in the 80's. Till this day if I screw up really, really big my response is always the same.... "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!" 🚁🦃

Oh, and 'Team Bailey'. ;)

:smiley:

+1 team-wise. Always liked the theme song as well.

Always liked the theme song as well.
It's one of the great themes from the time and I have it in my YT Music listening library. :D

It's a shame that TV shows no longer have their own theme songs like the used to back in the 70's & 80's.

It's one of the great themes from the time and I have it in my YT Music listening library. :D

It's a shame that TV shows no longer have their own theme songs like the used to back in the 70's & 80's.

Same.

Haven't watched much TV in quite a while, so not sure how much re-purposed tunes are used.

Back