Amiga Amiga A500 Mini Launches March 2022 With 25 Games

Kevin

Administrator
Staff member
History Date
Mar 1, 2022
With the recent wave of "mini" machines, like the Atari and Commodore 64 systems, none of them really caught my attention. As much as I liked the original systems, and have fond memories of spending marathon weekends typing code in my C= 64 and saving the programs to cassette (yes, cassette!), I just couldn't mentally justify buying one of them.

Back in the 80's I was a huge Amiga fan, first with a 1000 and then a 2000. One of the games I just absolutely loved was Battle Chess and to this day I still keep an eye on if it is ever available for the X-Box, my current "gaming" machine.

The Amiga A500 Mini has been announced with a launch date of March, 2022, with 25 embedded games including... Battle Chess! The original Amiga A500, released in 1987, was the best selling model and was popular more with gamers than as an actual PC. I may break down and finally buy a "mini" retro machine. I wonder how much a real A500 system is going for these days? 🤔

1640136777122.png

Alien Breed 3D, Alien Breed: Special Edition 92, Another World, Arcade Pool, ATR: All Terrain Racing, Battle Chess, Cadaver, California Games, Dragon’s Breath, F-16 Combat Pilot, Kick Off 2, Paradroid 90, Pinball Dreams, Project-X: Special Edition 93, Qwak, Simon the Sorcerer, Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe, Stunt Car Racer, Super Cars II, The Chaos Engine, The Lost Patrol, The Sentinel, Titus the Fox, Worms: The Director’s Cut, Zool: Ninja Of The ”Nth” Dimension​
  • Emulates the A500, A600 and A1200 (ECS/OCS/AGA)
  • Save & resume your progress at any time
  • Add your own games through WHDLoad
  • 720p HD display, at 50 Hz (Europe) or 60 Hz (USA)
  • Multiple scaling options and CRT filter
  • Virtual keyboard, and USB keyboard support
  • Upgradable firmware

Last edited:
I used to love playing on the Amiga 500... I may have to pick this up for display.

I have quite a collection of retro computer gear, but still do not have an Amiga 500 as its difficult to get one in the condition that I want. All my gear is mint, and yellowing is difficult to avoid! :) With prices up where they are right now, I regret not already getting one but I just didn't see one I wanted when I looked.

There are some new cases about to be available which are tempting, a crystal clear one and after that an original looking one. The clear/smooth has to be done first as the "texture" of the original is added into the process later to the mold and they can't make more clear after that.

Speaking of Battle Chess, this is quite an interesting video... A modern vs retro Battle Chess challenge by one of the finest retro computer-related YouTubers:

Back